For Immediate Release
Lake Isabella, California August 11, 2021 – California Department of Public Health has mandated the following order for indoor visitation in Acute Care and Skilled Nursing Facilities.
Effective immediately Kern Valley Hospital is required to (1) verify that all visitors are fully vaccinated, or (2) for unvaccinated or incompletely vaccinated visitors, verify documentation of a negative SARS-CoV-2 test within 72 hours. Again, this is an order mandated by California Department of Public Health and Kern Valley Hospital must follow these guidelines with no exceptions.
Per California Department of Public Health, only the following modes may be used as proof of vaccination:
· COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card (issued by the Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease Control & Prevention or WHO Yellow Card) which includes name of person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided, and date last dose administered); OR
· Photo of a Vaccination Record Cards as a separate document; OR
· Photo of the individual’s Vaccination Record Card stored on a phone or electronic device, OR
· Documentation of COVID-19 vaccination from a health care provider; OR
· Digital record that includes a QR code that when scanned by a SMART Health Card reader displays to the reader individual’s name, date of birth, vaccine dates and vaccine type.
Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated visitors are eligible for indoor visits ONLY if they can show documentation of a negative SARS-CoV-2 test where the specimen collection occurred within 72 hours before each visit and for which the test results are available at the time of entry to the facility. Visitors may use either PCR testing or antigen testing. Any PCR or antigen test used must either have an Emergency Use Authorization by the U. S. Food and Drug Administration or be operating per the Laboratory Developed Test requirements by the U.S. Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Visitors who are visiting a patient in critical condition, when death may be imminent, are exempt from the vaccination and testing requirements of this Order. However, they will be required to wear a well-fitting face mask (a surgical mask or double masking is recommended) upon entry and at all times within the facility. You will also be required to wear personal protective equipment to the situation and physically distance from health care personnel and other patients/residents/visitors that are not part of their group at all times while in the facility. These additional requirements regarding masking, PPE and physical distancing will also need to be followed by all visitors, regardless of vaccination status or test results.
These conditions do not apply to visitors seeking outdoor visits that will not require entering the facility.
Kern Valley Hospital understands the inconvenience this will pose on our visitors to our facility, please keep in mind the safety for our residents, patients, staff and visitors are our number one priority. We thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation while we are under this current mandate.